Friday, April 17, 2015

Another week gone by!

Yup! Another week has come and gone, bringing the gestation up to whopping 34 weeks! One week  into last pregnancy's bed rest, and here we are. Here's a little update on things!

Baby News:
I had my 34 week appointment today and it went pretty good. Good news and bad news. The good news is that my blood pressure was still hanging in there right below the cut-off at 144/88...this combined with my lack of swelling and lack of weight gain, as well as my home readings (which are much better than the in-office ones) was plenty to keep both of our minds at ease and to assume that this high-ish pressure was due to all the coughing and lack-of-sleep and meds. So now I dont go back till 36 weeks! Josiah was born at 36 weeks so this is fairly momentous to me and worthy of celebration! I wont even be on blood pressure meds before that gestation, let alone having the baby (who still has no name! We're having a doozy of a time picking a name this time around!).

The bad news is that baby is breech! I am 34 weeks, so baby still has 2 weeks to turn around. At my 32 week appointment baby was head-down, and all was well, but I guess baby flipped around in between, and now with all my coughing, I'm not giving the poor kid a chance to flip back!  At my next appointment, if he is still breech she plans to send me to fetal assessment where she says they can sometimes flip baby right there. The bittersweet of this situation is that if baby stays breech, at least I can opt for the c-section instead of attempting a VBAC breech with potential blood pressure issues. So this doesn't really stress me, as much as present the possibility for the disappointment of not doing a VBAC.

I haven't gained any weight at all the past 9 weeks I have been sick (which is bad, especially at this gestation, even though I started overweight). As a relief, I am still measuring accurately in my uterus size, which means this little "parasite" (as my obgyn fondly calls it) is sucking what it needs to, from me!

Josiah News:
Josiah has started personifying his things now! So he'll drop a teddy bear, and say "uh oh!" and kiss it's "owie" better. He also tries to make his stuffed animals talk to "nangna" on the phone (grammie/grandma... not really sure who at this point!). His words are becoming more numerous and put together into little two or three word sentences that only I understand... never thought I'd be that mom who has to translate what their kid is saying, but if my son ever looks at you and says "eeaye?" he is asking you for water... so funny. Some words are as clear as day and others are just totally off. Ah! That's what makes it so cute! :) He's been very cuddly lately. Hard to know if that's because I have been sick, or because he can sense a change is on the horison. Either way, I am taking all the cuddles I can get right now!!

Curtis news:
The wind storms didn't blow him away! Both Tuesday and Wednesday he managed to blow back home, so that is something to be thankful for! He says the wind was literally picking up sheets of plywood off the stack and sending them sailing through the air. One of those "build it and hope it's still there tomorrow" kinda weeks for them. I don't think they lost too terribly much.

Curtis has also been puttering away in our basement! Installing doors, sanding trim and getting ready to paint. Very exciting, but not necessarily so, for those of us with Exacerbated Asthma at the present moment...  Still, it has to get done, and its nice to see he's  found the energy for it!

Krysta News:
Really not much... still sick.... I have had no voice for 7 days now from all the coughing, which ranged in cause from sickness, to asthma to allergies once the warm weather kicked in... 9 weeks of colds and asthma... in my books this officially qualifies as a plague (though not inflicted by God). I was blessed to discover that my OBGYN was  quite comfortable with me taking CLARITIN...yay! Not that I want to be on more meds, but at this point, I dont have much choice. Extra asthma meds, a medicated nasal spray and home remedies arent fixing this, and if I can at least help eliminate the spring allergy part of it all, I will do so.

And I would appreciate lots of prayer on this, as I am quite sleep deprived and this is affecting my mental and emotional functioning big-time... Also my spiritual life, which is suffering because, well quite frankly, I just feel like God isn't pulling through here. He has the power to heal, and is choosing not to for whatever reason, despite prayers and assurances... Also all the coughing has made my c-section area somewhat achy, which is a bit nerve-racking considering how much I want to try for a VBAC. And you can also pray for curtis and Josiah in this, as I can only imagine how wearisome it is on both of them to have me like this for such a long period of time. Not fun for anyone really.

PLOG:
My uncle came up with the word. Photo-blog...plog... :) so here's some photos for you from our recent photo shoot with our friend Michael Thiessen. This was between bouts of illness, in one of those "i'm almost better!" moments a couple weeks ago.










1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures. Even though I generally know what is going on I always enjoy reading your blog's. Praying for a healthy 6 weeks to go. That you will see why God is allowing you these struggles. That your faith would rise the to challenge. Love you my child....Mom

    ReplyDelete