Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Flippin' baby!

Baby news!

Well, baby had his close up today! They estimate he is about 6.5 lbs right now (but are they ever accurate? Not to my knowledge). His head is nestled safely under my left rib most of the time... Head up, bum down, feet up.
Baby #2, 37 weeks
For curiosity's sake, the photo below is Josiah at 31.5 weeks (6 weeks less than above baby). I think they look pretty different!
Josiah, 31.5 weeks


Josiah 34 weeks
Josiah 37 weeks gestation. ;) <--That's what's in mah belly!
The assessment was That this baby is a good candidate to turn around (A procedure called ECV). He has good cord blood flow (and the cord isn't wrapped around anything), he's not "engaged"/ wedged in the pelvis yet, and he is quite movable with a gentle push on the belly. However, they will need to do the procedure on the labor and delivery floor because there's a 1% chance his heart rate will drop as a result of the procedure. They would then need to sedate me and do an emergency c-section on the spot. So they have booked me for monday at 11:00 Am. First I go to triage, and they monitor baby for a while, to see where he is at, and what his "happy" looks like. Then they'll bring me to a room, hook me up to IV fluids, and an ultrasound machine. They will monitor baby there, while the doctor manually pushes around on my belly to rotate baby's head down and bum up, so he is in the correct position. Then I'll be monitored for an additional 2 hrs post-procedure to ensure baby is still happy and his heart rate is healthy. 

I am also seeing a new chiropractor, Dr Weibe (the maximised living guy) who knows a technique called the "webster's technique" where he works with the round ligaments, to relax them. This is supposed to allow baby more room to turn around, and has about a 50/50 shot of being the only thing needed to flip baby around! I am hoping that the combination of the two medical procedures will bring us to a favorable position! 

So please keep praying that baby will flip, and that this procedure will go well, without complications and that baby will be favorable to it, and not drop it's heart rate!

Curtis News:
 Not a lot new in Curtis's world this week. He is still working hard on the basement and at work! We are getting some painters in next week to do the basement. We did the mental math, and they can do it so much quicker than we can, with much better precision, that its actually cheaper than curtis taking work hours to complete it! So that'll be nice!

Josiah News:
Now that we are both feeling a bit better, Josiah has been enjoying lots of outdoors time! The more sunshine he gets, the happier he seems to be these days! He's also been talking LOTS lately. What's he saying? we have no idea... Full sentances of toddler talk, with the odd english word thrown in here and there.
 
This is the park on Hespler avenue, right near the Redwood bridge. We like to drive here sometimes because it is such an excellent park for young kids! Lots of ramps to run around on, and safe on-and-off spots, and swings, and also a green grass area to kick a ball around. Very nice!




We also got to spend some time with uncle Jeremy this week! Jeremy is holding Josiah up in this picture so he can see what's making the loud noise in the neighbor's yard! Josiah has been very "into" loud noises lately. Anything loud... my blender, saws, drills... and in this case, my parent's neighbor's lawn mower! It was too cute not to take a picture... :) Take THAT privacy screen!
  

Krysta News:
I am beginning to feel better! Starting to get larger chunks of sleep at night, laying down with only ONE towel under my pillow (not sleeping upright), and finally gaining weight as I ought to in this pregnancy. I have even been able to spend time outside with Josiah, which is nice, because the vitamin D will help my immune system as well. The past couple days, I have been able to cut my puffers down from 6 puffs a day to 4 puffs, so this is an improvement! I am still taking allergy meds every day, as well all the meds I talked about last week, and a farely potent "greens+" powder in my smoothie for immune boosting (it has some detoxifiers in it, so I wouldn't mind NOT using it during pregnancy) so prayer for full healing would be greatly appreciated.  
My blood pressure is still staying somewhat stable in the high/normal range, which is good. I check it twice a day, and my doctor continues to be thrilled with my home readings! My next appointment isn't till the tuesday following the baby-flipping-thingey, so not much news on this front really. I would've had an appointment tomorrow, but when they postponed the flipping to Monday, we also changed my follow-up appointment.
On a completely different topic, God and I are doing a bit of wrestling these days. Prayers for that are appreciated... Wrestling is really the best way to describe it. I have some issues that require answers from Him, but I am not running from him, we are wrestling them out. And if you visualize wrestlers, they are actually quite physically close... So although I am at odds with God, I know he is still nearby and that we'll work it out eventually. But for now, I have some bitterness and doubts that require God to intervene and deal with his own reputation (as in I dont need anyone defending God, I want him to come and do it himself. He's a big boy, he can handle it :).

Thanks!
Thank you to so many of you who are keeping us in your prayers! I know it's even more people than I am aware of, and that is such a blessing. There is nothing quite so peace-giving as the feeling of being carried on the prayers of others, so please continue praying and know how much you are appreciated and valued!
That's it for this week! Next week's blog post will hopefully be loaded with new information about baby-flipping, and plans for VBAC or C-section or there's that 1% chance it'll be a baby announcement! (... but hopefully not yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment